I keep a list of to-do’s, both personal and condo-related that my husband and I can refer to when we forget any of the little goals we have for ourselves and the condo. Unfortunately, we continue to add things to the list at a faster rate than we could ever check them off. One of the main things that I want to do is get our place to look nice enough that I would be proud to invite people over for a “housewarming” or open house party. I had hoped that we would have been able to move far enough along to have the party at the end of summer, but considering it’s already October 2nd, I think that ship has sailed.
So I’m aiming for the holiday season.
And that doesn’t seem quite far enough but I can’t bear the thought of having been in our condo for more than a year before doing some type of party to celebrate purchasing and living in our “new” place. So that means I have quite a bit left to do.
- Purchasing the entertainment center was a huge step in the right direction here.
- I think that adding just a few accessories, lamps and, possibly, window treatments should have this room in good enough shape to have anyone over for fun times.
- This room is going to take some pretty drastic work. And the end to projects in other rooms, since this typically ends up being our “workspace” for lack of a better place to do bigger projects.
- I don’t think we’ll be able to get the crown/chair molding up in here, so I’ll settle for just painting the china cabinet black to better fit in the room.
- And adding lighting would be a big key for this room!
- The kitchen is in really good shape, so I don’t have too much to do here. The one thing I really want to try is adding some type of chalkboard area, but that isn’t a necessary thing for a party.
- The kitchen nook, however, is completely empty, so I need to find/make the desk and bookshelf for this section soon!
- The desk/bookshelf/storage for this room is the main thing we have to accomplish. Searching for a black desk that will fit in the space has proven more difficult than anticipated.
- The bedroom would be better if we could get the bed and curtains done. But we have enough done in here that if the bed doesn’t get done, I guess it could work. It would really be quite cool if we could get that room in better shape, but I think that might be taking on more than we can chew!
- The bathroom is looking really good, so just a few minor modifications should get this ready for guest use.
So that’s the goal list for now. If we can really make some progress on the major items, then I might add a few minor items to try to finish off the look.
What do you think? Can I get that done in 2 months?